Injured On Someone Else’s Property?
If you were hurt on someone else’s property as a result of hazardous conditions, you deserve compensation. You shouldn’t have to bear the financial burden of your injuries or the economic fallout resulting from missed work.
You also shouldn’t have to navigate the legal system alone. At Dufour Law Firm, we will go to bat for you. Our lawyer and legal team share a commitment to providing compassionate, diligent representation to injury victims from all walks of life. From our office in Baton Rouge, we represent injury victims and their loved ones throughout the surrounding five parishes.
Understanding Premises Liability In Louisiana
Premises liability is a subset of personal injury law that involves negligence on the part of the property owner or manager. In some cases, such as dog bites, proving negligence isn’t even necessary. We can advise you of the legal standards involved in your unique case.
Here are some common examples of premises liability cases:
- Slip and falls involving tripping hazards, wet or slippery floors, uneven walkways and other dangerous conditions
- Falls involving stairs, improper or missing guardrails or other hazards
- Recreational accidents involving swimming pools, trampolines, playgrounds, swingsets and the like
- Fires involving malfunctioning alarms or sprinkler systems, improper wiring, fire code violations or other hazards
- Violent crimes stemming from negligent security, which might involve inadequate lighting, absence of security guards, broken windows or locks, or other security hazards
- Animal attacks such as dog bites, which often involve seeking compensation through the homeowner’s insurance of the animal owner
We handle all of these and more.
Get The Trusted Legal Help You Deserve | Free Consultation
Here, you can find the compassionate, attentive legal guidance you deserve. You won’t be alone or lost in the shuffle.